1953 DODGE 'B SERIES' RARE
5-WINDOW SHOW PICKUP

CALLED THE 'PILOT HOUSE' DESIGN/FULLY
RESTORED/BEAUTIFUL RED WITH ALL METAL/DETAILED BUILT
6 CYLINDER FLATHEAD/CARTER CARB/JUST TUNED/FINE
SHIFTING 3 SPEED TRANSMISSION/GOOD CLUTCH
SYSTEM/FRESH DODGE BRAKING SYSTEM/SHOW CYPRESS WOOD
BED/BEAUTIFUL HAND MADE BLACK-RED INTERIOR/TERRIFIC
UNDERCHASSIS AND FRAME/FANTASTIC BUILD FILE/RARE 16”
WHEELS WITH WIDE WHITEWALLS/CUSTOM BED RAILS

MORE PHOTOS

1953 Dodge 5 window B-series ‘Pilot House’ ½ ton pickup that is a very rare as the last year production of this series pickup now presented in restored condition, split glass windshield, just beautiful updated red, the original color being called ‘Dodge Truck Red’, this is all steel, lots of documents in the build, has a built 6 cylinder flathead engine, Carter carb that is hard to find, the operating linkage finished at Fraser Dante, rated at 95 horsepower, the truck is just tuned with fresh ignition, really beautiful Americana design, this was initially done in Florida by a serious car guy who did as a family project, great effort on his part to do this best, there is a very large file of the full build by this personal collector, since he really got a bit older, the family sent this to Fraser Dante to do the final finish, see the gorgeous and rare cypress wood handmade bed, custom wood side bed rails, the rare 16” Dodge wheels took the gentleman 4 years to find and then restore, now in body color with stainless trim rings and Dodge center caps, Firestone 6.50x16 wide whitewalls, there is an enormous file of his documented work, then after that effort on this a work of art, Fraser Dante is doing the linkage, checking brakes, road testing for this unique piece,

History: the last owner made great effort to find this rare truck and do a frame off built and body work to his best efforts as a family project, there are photos of the truck when he found it in 2011 (SEE THE LINK), then he spent some 6 years on the project, see the other photos that are shown as part of the large file that goes with the pickup, (LINK), as mentioned, he got to an age that stopped the final work and was sad to see it go, there are just great photos that show all of his work, also there are more photos of the history as the daughter is preparing a file for the new owner, see sample of pages from book (LINK),   

Engine: B1-B were notation of the ½ ton trucks that were fitted standard with a 95 horsepower flathead-straight-six engine, you can see from the receipts that this block had full machine shop work, vated and bored +.030 over, the pistons were R&R’d, turned and polished crankshaft, new valves were worked, then the block was resurfaced for a great fit of the head, see the engine receipt and photos, (LINK) engine information (LINK), dry reading compression from 110psi to 117psi across (LINK),

Summary: here is a very rare 1953 Dodge ½ ton 5 window 'Pilot House' pickup, ready for someone who wants as part of their unique collection, a large file of build with the final work by Fraser Dante for Fall 2018, information sheet (LINK), wheels, tires (LINK), brakes just checked (LINK), cannot compare in pricing as so few of these are left, now offered at only $35,950

History: these very American classic styled B-series pickup trucks were sold from 1948-1953, They replaced the prewar Dodge truck and were replaced by the Dodge C series in 1954. The B-series trucks came in several different variants. The B1-B were ½ ton trucks standard with a 95 horsepower flathead-straight-six engine while the B1-C were ¾ ton trucks with a standard 108 hp (81 kW) flathead-straight 6 engine, the B-series trucks featured a high-visibility "pilot-house" cab with optional rear quarter windows. The engine was shifted forward and the front axle moved back on the frame for better weight distribution as well as a shorter wheelbase, moving from 116 in, the cargo bed sides were made higher to increase capacity by 40%. The redesigned cab could seat three people, with 2.5 in  more height, 6 in more width and 3 in additional in length. The cab was mounted on rubber mounts for an improved ride. Another innovation for the time was the use of cross-steering arrangement, giving the trucks a 37° turning radius. The cargo box space was increased over previous models and overload springs made optional on all variants to increase hauling capacity. In 1950, more new features were added as the 3-speed manual shift lever was relocated to the steering column instead of on the floor. A fluid drive standard transmission, with 3 or 4 speeds, became an available option. The front end and dashboard/gauge layout were redesigned for 1951 and in 1953 that was the last year of the desired 5 window Pilot-house design along with many new changes, the new wide "step-style" rear fenders were added, which would continue to be used by Dodge up until the 1980s.